To perform art inspired music through dedicated team work of talented young
artists and be involved in inspiring and uplifting projects to promote the appreciation of music.

GPO Season Tickets

The yearning for the most beautiful music, experienced live and performed by the finest artists, is one that music-lovers worldwide share.

Gauteng Philharmonic Orchestra (GPO) is the brainchild and latest addition to Brooklyn Theatre, in response to popular demand by music lovers in Gauteng.

GPO was formed early 2014 as a non-profit organisation. Its aim is to fill a big gap in the local music market and also give opportunities and employment to talented young performers.

The motivation of the GPO is to make music accesible to as wide an audience of young South Africans as possible, who might not otherwise have the means to experience with classical.

Our inspiring preformances are designed to delight our loyal followers, whose fine taste in music we fully appreciate.


Gauteng Philharmonic Orchestra (GPO) is the finishing touch to the canvas primed 21 years ago by the mother company, ‘Salon Music’-now trading as ‘Brooklyn Theatre’.

After a highly successful year of monthly concertising in 2014 and 2015 the GPO has now firmly established itself as a young symphony orchestra to be reckoned with.

International and local instrumentalists and singers performed regularly as soloists in concerti with the orchestra. The enthusiasm of the Gauteng music lovers for these very accessible concerts was clear, judging from the steady support of the orchestra throughout the year.

Figures indicate that 85% of the running expenses of the orchestra was generated through ticket sales. The remainder 15%, was sponsored by individuals and corporate sponsors.

As part of Brooklyn Theatre we are confident of building on this incredible success in years to come and to deliver even more originally and artfully on our stated objectives.

GPO members 2016
  1. To stage at least two performances orchestral concert performances per month at Brooklyn Theatre.
  2. To ensure that ticket sales form the basis of the income generated to fund the orchestra.
  3. To solicit the support and donations of sponsors to widen it’s scope for social projects and upliftment through music.
  4. To open all final dress rehearsals to school children and students at a nominal fee.
  5. To augment (on an ad hoc basis) the orchestra for Romantic or other works. This will also target ‘upliftment’ and aim to involve artists who could derive value and experience from playing with professionals.
2014 2015 2016
February [552] [773] [460]
March [469] [621] [668]
April [416] [667] [679]
May [286] [758] [511]
June [427] [309] [990]
July [407] [408] [641]
August [373] [622] [390]
September [377] [567] [549]
October [582] [275] [704]
November [797] [579]
December [595] [1113]

Parties with a social awareness and passion for art inspired music
are welcome to contact us regarding sponsorships.

We need either a once-off or an 11 month period sponsorship for the following:
Sponsor of Artistic Preparation - R2000 per month / R22,000 once off
Sponsor of Musician - R3000 per month / R33,000 once off
Sponsor of Conductor - R9000 per month / R99,000 once off
Sponsor of Venue - R60,000 per month / R660,000 once off
Sponsor the Orchestra - R200,000 per month / R2,200,000 once off
Co-brand with the GPO and sponsor the Orchestra for two years.
Incentives and Benefits for sponsors:
Brand awareness for sponsors, through partnership with an elite and unique lifestyle brand
Associated with a charity organisation that uplifts the community
Opportunity for your organisation to showcase and promote your array of products and services to an influential consumer base
Opportunity to Meet one-on-one with celebrity guest/s who may be attending, hosting or performing.
Network with VIP attendees.
Upliftment & Social responsibility association - School projects, projects with young musicians/music students etc
Outreach project – Sponsor Sectional Orchestra leaders to get involved in previously disadvantaged communities through their music art.
managed by Salon Music
based at Brooklyn Theatre
Menlo Park, Pretoria
DIRECTOR: Amanda Booysen
DIRECTOR: Daniël Vos
DIRECTOR: Willem Vogel